2020 Expressions of interest for project funding launched
Expressions of interest for project funding
The AIRF is now calling for applications for a project grant for the 2020 funding round.
Project must align with the objectives of the AIRF, and additional guidance on areas of priority are provided below.
Key areas for further projects which AIRF may support include:
- Recovering/rebuilding abalone stocks (ecology & system processes, strategies & objectives);
- Opportunities/methodologies for abalone stock enhancement;
- Abalone chain of supply and market/product development;
- Effects of global warming on abalone and associated habitat;
- Habitat/Centrostephanus survey and mapping;
- Monitoring/measuring habitat and abalone recovery;
- Mitigation measures for Centrostephanus including physical intervention;
- Deeper water urchin management – extraction and destruction;
- Fishery development (Centrostephanus);
- Market development and product diversification (Centrostephanus);
- Public outread and communications;
- Centrostephanus dispersal and movement.
Application assessment process
How to apply for a project grant
The pro forma “Application for a Project Grant” must be used for all applications for the 2020 funding round.
Applications open on 18 June 2020, the closing date for applications for the 2020 funding round is 31 July 2020.
A round of assessment will then be progressed by the AIRF. There is no onus on the AIRF to fund any particular project. The AIRF may seek to support a suite of projects across the priority areas – meaning quality projects in other areas may not be funded. However, the annual funding pool is limited and projects across the portfolio are sought. Applicants may be asked to provide additional information or detail around any application.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Attention: Vicki Waters
AIRF Executive: AIRF 2020 Funding Round
Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment
GPO Box 44
Hobart Tasmania, 7001
Enquires may be made to Ms Vicki Waters Ph 616 53047
Application for a Project Grant (151Kb)